Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Recent events




In the last few months there have been so many things happening, I will mention a few of them.. ~On May 4th, 2009 Nicolette's father, Richard suffered a hemmorhagic stroke and has been in a coma ever since. This has been difficult for all of us. The not knowing if he is going to recover or not has been the hardest part. We all just continue to pray and hope that he can wake up and start to recover soon. His wife Annette has been by his side every day since it happened and we are all very happy that she can be there for him. We will continue to update his status.
~ On August 13th, 2009 Gracie broke her left leg while playing at the YMCA. She was playing in the foam pit and a little boy jumped in and landed on her leg causing a spiral fracture of her tibia (shin bone) When it happened it was extremely painful for her for the first week or so but now she seems to be doing a lot better. She has a purple cast on her leg that starts on her foot and goes up to her upper thigh. The doctor is expecting a full recovery with no lingering effects or future problems. Grace will be in a cast for the next 2 -3 weeks or so.
~ Last week I found out that Eric and Mary are expecting a new baby!! They are a few months pregnant and I couldn't be happier for them. I know that they will make awesome parents. It is just too bad that they live in Florida and not closer to all of us..
~ Adding to Eric and Mary being pregnant, I just found out 2 days ago that Peter and Nicole are also pregnant! I can't believe all that is happening with the babies!! Congratulations to Peter & Nicole and Eric & Mary! We are very happy and excited for you guys!
~ My brother Glen and Jessica had a daughter named Avery on April 11th and I will be meeting her in November when I fly home for a visit. I can't wait for that! (I'm also looking forward to hitting the bowling lanes with Glen for the first time in a LONG time) We are OF COURSE very excited to see my sister Leia who insists on teasing me with her pictures every time she goes to Fenway to see a Red Sox game and my mom and dad who we miss very much!
~ My brother Sean and Lissha just had another baby too. Her name is Riley. I'm sure that Sean, Lissha and Morgan are excited to have another member of the family. I was honored and thrilled when Sean and Lissha asked me to be Riley's Godfather. It meant a lot to me that they would think of me for that. I am very excited about going to Massachusetts in November to meet my new neices.
Those are just some of the biggest things that have happened in the past few months. We will update and write as often as we can. ~09/01/09

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love that you include the guys in on the pregnancy...b/c honestly, they are just as involved as we are!!

I miss you guys a ton, but I'm thrilled you jumped on the Blogger bandwagon :o)