Thursday, November 26, 2009

Some old friends & goodbye to Boston

Nicolette and Grace in a Christmas store
Grace and a Daisuke Matsuzaka statue
Grace and coach Red Auerbach
Nicolette and her friend Jennifer Dermody

Well since we returned home from our Massachusetts trip on the 13th, this is the first day that I have had off of work so to be honest I've just been too tired to write anything.. While we were at the condo in Rhode Island we had a great visit from Bill and Jennifer Dermody. They are friends from Utah who we have not seen in years! I think the last time we saw them was when we were moving to Washington from Utah in 1999 and now they live in Massachusetts. Even though it was a couple hour drive for them to get to us, they packed up their kids and hit the road. It was a lot of fun to catch up and hear some pretty funny stories (that I promise not to tell anyone) and to play some games and just enjoy their company. We played a game called catch phrase where you have to get your team to guess the word that is given by giving clues.. We learned that a horoscope can also sometimes be called a "whore-o-scope" which we all thought was pretty funny. For dinner we all had some "pre-garbage" lasagna and turkey left overs topped off with some very good dessert that my cousin Nikki made. It is too bad that Jen, Bill and their family don't live closer to us because we would have a lot of fun together.
The day before we left to go home we spent the day with my Mom, Glen and Jess and spend our last day in Boston. We went to Quincy Market, shopped a little bit and just hung out. I love going to Boston because it is such a fun city. It was fun to watch Gracie go in and out of the stores because she is growing up so fast and it is fun to see her experience everything. She was having some fun with some of the things in the stores that we went to. It is pobably a good thing that I am not rich because I would end up buying a lot of stuff that she was playing with.. If my parents end up moving to Florida like they are hoping to do, I don't know how often I will make it back to Boston to visit so this was a bit more sad when it came time to leave. On the plane ride home I was thinking that it might be a while before I get to see my brothers and sisters again. I try not to think about that stuff because it just bums me out. This is why it sucks that we are all so far away. After spending our final day in Boston we drove home and had a dinner with my family which was real nice. This was one of the best visits that we have had because we got to spend a little more time with my family than we normally do. I loved meeting Avery and Riley. They are both just way too cute!! I can't wait to see them again. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what next year brings.. Either we will be flying to Massachusetts again or we will be flying off to the sunny beaches of Florida! Either one works for me!! ~11/26/09

No comments: