Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I'm convinced...


I'm convinced that Grace is the sweetest & cutest girl in the world! In the past week or so, here are some of the things that she has done.. She was at her gymnastics class at the YMCA and the teacher had the kids working on their balance by putting their arms stretched outwards and walking along a balance beam. Grace took her turn and she did a great job, the girl behind her was having a hard time staying up without falling off the beam and Grace went back to her and held her hand and helped her across. I was so proud of her, she is just so sweet. Another day, I had worked about a 12 hour day and came home and was a bit tired. It was about 9:30 PM and Grace had just gone upstairs to brush her teeth and when she was finished brushing she came down to say goodnight. On her way downstairs she saw me laying on the couch and saw me yawn. Now obviously if I'm laying on the couch and yawning then I must be ready to go to sleep too right? Grace came over to me and put a blanket over me and pulled up her chair next to me and started singing me to sleep. After she sang to me she gave me a kiss on the cheek and said I love you daddy, goodnight. It was just one of those moments that was just precious and that I probably won't forget. Those are the things that I love the most about being a daddy. Yesterday we were playing in her play room and she asked me if I wanted her to tell me some stories and I said of course I do.. She just started looking around the room and included whatever she saw into her story. She has such a big imagination. After telling me a couple of stories, she came over to me and said that she really misses Grandpa. I asked what she misses the most about him and she said that she misses how he would always play with her and then her eyes started to tear up. I told her that Grandpa used to love to play with her and then she got a smile on her face and said that she knows and that he is with God now and that he is her angel. It is really cool how she is only a couple months shy of 4 years old and she thinks of her family so much and loves them all so much. My family lives on the East coast and we only get to see them for about 1 week per year and Grace still knows who everyone is and talks about them. The other day she started talking to me about our last trip out there and the fun she had with her cousins, aunts, uncles, Nana and Papa.. She told me that she wants to get on an airplane tomorrow and go see them again. I love that she has such a big heart and that she loves her family. ~02/09/10

2 comments:

The Lybbert Family said...

Hi Justin and Nicolette. Long time no see. It sounds like you are doing awesome.

Anyway, for Nicolette, I have having a baby shower on March 20th, and would love for you to come. It is being put on by the ward, so if you don't want to come, I understand, they will be sending an evite to the Soxfan email address we have. You are also welcome to bring Annette, Nicole, Desiree, etc, if you wanted as well, I just didn't have any contact info for them. Hope you are doing well:)

Jeremy and Immer said...

I agree with you... she is a sweet & sute little girl.